Sunday, May 27, 2007

Road to nowhere

Road to nowhere

Thats how my state is. I don't know where I am going. Am I progressing in life or am I going backwards. What is progress ? Is it money. Money at the cost of happiness or satisfaction. Well some say I am too content with what I am doing and am in my comfort zone and hence don't want to move out and progress. Say I try to move out and unfortunately get a job which makes me unhappy, is that progress ? I am out of my comfort zone, I am getting paid more, but I am unhappy, so am I progressing ??? Now say I go back and do what I was happy with, is that progress ? Or should I not at all try thinking that I may be unhappy with my next job.

Over here I have taken job as an example. It has to do with everything in life. Like the house I stay in. Its good, comfortable. Does that mean I stay in the house forever. Potentially, I could look for a new house but it could come with its own set of problems. But does that mean that I do not look at all .... ok may be the house example was not so good but hopefully if you are still reading you have got the point.

Ok Ok. I am confused. But aren't you also confused. Are you happy with what you are doing or you have just forgotten the happiness and joined the rat race like me. Well, a fatter rat is given more respect than the ones who fall behind. So is it better to be a fat rat or slow down and be a tiny one. I don't have the answer, I am still trying to find out.