Saturday, August 04, 2007

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows


Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows got released on the 21st of July 2007. About 2 years back, when the Half Blood Price got released, me along with a friend had gone to Crosswords at 6 AM in the morning thinking that there will be a huge crowd. There wasn't a huge crowd but it was fun though.

This time Blossoms bookstore opened at 5.30 AM sharp. There was a line of 100+ people eagerly waiting for the book. There was a TV crew too but the children and young adults were more interested in the book than the TV crew.

I got hold of the book and started reading it. When there was about 30 pages remaining, the power went off. It was raining cats and dogs. I waited for 5 minutes thinking that the power will come back, but unfortunately it didn't. It was already 11.30 PM so I thought, that let me go to sleep. But after five minutes I realized, I could not sleep without finishing the book. I started searching for candles but unfortunately there were none. Finally, I decided to use the light from my cellphone (Nokia 1600). Just when I completed reading the book, the power came back. I guess it was MAGIC.